A pioneer whose name would become synonymous with American style, Charles Lewis Tiffany began a “stationary and fancy goods store” in 1837, alongside his friend John B. Young. With a $1,000 advance from hi...
Tips for Selling Tiffany Jewelry OnlineAugust 3, 2017 - Jewelry Articles
Founded in 1837, Tiffany & Co. has established itself throughout the last century and a half as an iconic and highly coveted jewelry brand. From engagement rings to pendants to gemstone pieces, selling your Tiffany jewelry online can be a hassle-free process. Read below for some tips that will ensure you have a smooth online sale:
- How to sell without box and papers
- Where to sell Tiffany jewelry online
- How to pick the right buyer
- How to sell Tiffany Jewelry online
First, let’s learn a bit more about Tiffany’s illustrious history:
THE HISTORY OF TIFFANY & CO.
In 1837, with a $1000 loan from his father, Charles Lewis Tiffany opened up a fancy goods store in New York with his friend John B. Young. The store gained quick notoriety among wealthy patrons. The store was revolutionary for having marked, firm prices on its goods and only accepting cash as opposed to credit, practices that were non popular at the time. In 1845, Tiffany’s first “Blue Book”, their mail order catalog printed in Tiffany’s signature baby blue cover, was sent out, and Tiffany began packing its items in their iconic blue boxes. By 1853, Charles Tiffany took control of the company, renamed it to “Tiffany & Company”, and refocused the business towards jewelry. Tiffany & Co. became more and more popular, recognized by the industry with multiple awards at World’s Fairs in the late 1800s and expanding its production internationally. In 1886, Tiffany first presented their engagement ring, a precursor to the engagement rings we use regularly today. Tiffany’s success only continued into the 20th century, with greater production and notoriety. Today, Tiffany continues to dominate the market, with hundreds of stores and growing sales.
CAN I SELL MY TIFFANY JEWELRY WITHOUT BOX AND PAPERS?
If you are looking to sell your Tiffany jewelry, one of the first steps is to gather all information and paperwork you can find about your item, including any receipts, warranty cards, certificates of authenticity, information booklets, presentation boxes, and any appraisals or other certificates you may have. This paperwork can assist potential buyers in accurately pricing your item and can make the sale of your item a simpler, smoother process. Additionally, many buyers will pay a premium for the box and papers along with your item.
Still, if you do not have the box and papers for your Tiffany item, it is absolutely still possible to sell your piece. Though you may receive a slightly lower price than you would have with the box and papers, a satisfying and successful sale is still achievable. If you do not have any information regarding your Tiffany piece, the best thing to do is see if the item is still listed on the Tiffany website as this will detail all of the jewelry’s characteristics. Any information you can provide to a potential buyer will be helpful. Learn more about selling your Tiffany jewelry without box and papers.
WHERE CAN I SELL MY TIFFANY JEWELRY ONLINE?
Selling your jewelry online is a more convenient, simpler way to sell your jewelry than finding a buyer locally. Oftentimes, selling online can help you get a better price for your good, as you have access to a larger market of potential buyers. Some of the most popular ways to sell your Tiffany jewelry online include:
- Online auction sites – A popular option for many people is to sell their Tiffany pieces on websites like eBay or Craigslist. These websites offer user-friendly ways to list items. Still, selling on these websites can be time-consuming, and it can be very difficult to accurately price your item without knowledge and expertise about the designer jewelry market. Additionally, many dealers will search websites like eBay and Craigslist for good deals on jewelry from inexperienced sellers.
- Online Auction House – There are many online auction houses that accept Tiffany jewelry, but only for extremely high value, rare pieces. While these online auction houses can seem convenient, the process is often lengthy with high fees and no guarantee of sale. Additionally, if the reserve is set low, someone may purchase your item at a bargain.
- Online Specialist Buyer – Online specialist buyers such as WP Diamonds offer a quick, easy online service for selling your Tiffany items. The knowledge and expertise of these specialist buyers ensure you get the best price for your good.
HOW DO I CHOOSE THE RIGHT TIFFANY JEWELRY BUYER?
It can sometimes feel daunting when trying to pick the right buyer. Some qualifications to keep in mind are:
- Positive Reviews – One of the most important things to look at when assessing a potential buyer is others’ past experiences with them. A buyer with consistent negative reviews should be quickly avoided.
- BBB Accreditation – BBB Accreditation can be a great way to ensure the legitimacy of your potential buyer. Check the company’s BBB rating and their past history.
- No hidden fees – Many companies will charge unexpected fees. These fees are a red flag that the company may not have your best interests in mind.
- Safe and Secure – Ensuring the security of your item and the safety of the transaction is of utmost importance. If you are mailing an item in, be sure the item is insured and the package is opened on camera. Be diligent while inquiring about the security of your jewelry.
- Stable presence – A large company with years of buying experience is a less risky choice than a recently formed company with little presence.
HOW DO I SELL MY TIFFANY JEWELRY THROUGH WP DIAMONDS?
WP Diamonds offers an easy, secure service for selling Tiffany and other designer jewelry, diamonds, and luxury watches. With an A+ rating from the BBB and excellent customer reviews, we offer a quick and transparent service with no fees.
Simply follow these five steps to have a satisfactory sale:
- Fill out the online form.
- A member of our team will be in touch shortly with an initial price range.
- Make an appointment or mail in your Tiffany jewelry via our free, fully insured FedEx Priority Overnight shipping.
- Receive your final offer.
- If you accept the final offer, you can get paid in as little as 24 hours. If you are not satisfied with the offer, we will return your item to you insured and free of charge.