What is designer jewelry? Designer jewelry consists of jewelry made by luxury brands such as Cartier, David Yurman, Graff, Bvlgari and a number of other iconic brand names. Branded jewelry generally represents...
Declutter Your Life – Starting With Your Jewelry BoxJune 28, 2017 - Jewelry Articles
There are many benefits to decluttering. Not only does it create space, it can help declutter your mind and help you make some extra cash as well.
BENEFITS TO DECLUTTERING
- Creates space – There is no need to hold onto anything unless it is frequently used or holds immense sentimental value. By getting rid of items that you do not need, you can create space for things you actually do need. Creating more space also helps simplify your everyday life.
- Make money – If you have valuable items that are just sitting in a drawer gathering dust, selling them will benefit you financially.
- Headspace – There is evidence that decluttering your life is beneficial for your mind as well. Less clutter enables you to think more clearly and feel calmer.
HOW TO DECLUTTER
Be organized: Have a walk around your home and go through every part of each room. It might be best to just take some time out of everyday for a week or so to do this. Go through your drawers and create piles:
- Things you use and love
- Things you will use in the next 3-6 months (set an alarm on your phone, if you have not used these items, it’s time to say goodbye to them)
- Items that hold sentimental value, such as items you have inherited that you cannot bear to part with
- Items to get rid of
Once you have done this, you can put items from 1, 2 and 3 away. This also gives you an opportunity to clean your home, while everything is out of its usual place. Then decide which items from pile 4 need to be discarded, and which can be passed on or sold.
Start with something small: If you start with something small, it will be less overwhelming and intimidating for you. A good place to start is by decluttering your jewelry box, before moving onto larger areas such as your wardrobe.
Be ruthless: There is no point in having a declutter if you hold onto 99% of your belongings. If you don’t need it or it doesn’t make you feel something, get rid of it.
HOW TO UNCLUTTER YOUR JEWELRY BOX
Go through each item one by one. Put back items that you wear regularly and still love, as well as jewelry that you wear regularly to special occasions.
Questions to ask yourself while decluttering are:
- Have I worn this within the past three months?
- Will I wear it in the next three months?
- What does this piece mean to me?
Have a look at your jewelry and see if any pieces are similar to each other and which ones you prefer. If you have two items that are similar in style, but you wear one more than the other – that is the time to declutter.
An incentive to get rid of jewelry you don’t need is by thinking of what you could buy with the money you make from it.
And remember: if you don’t wear it, you won’t miss it.
If you are looking to sell or upgrade your preowned jewelry, WP Diamonds can offer you a competitive price. Our experts are on hand to assess each piece of jewelry and we offer a safe, quick transaction. Visit us online today for your offer, or schedule an appointment to visit one of our UK or US locations.